In the enthusiasm of moving much of my stack to svelte I re-wrote flags.lol a simple game inspired from "fun with flags" from the series big bang theory.
The first version was written in go with a mysql backend (to host the flag codes and file locations) and the game features , due to my limited knowledge of go, where very limited.
So what changed?
- Better design with new fonts
- Timer and easy way to select flags from the randomised pool
- Flags are no longer images but emojis!
- Usability improvements for both mobile and web
- Go/MySQL to Svelte and no database.
Nothing groundbreaking but a simple game now using a serverless architecture.
Have fun with flags.lol